IGCSE Twenty First Century Science
Cambridge IGCSE Twenty First Century Science meets the needs of students who are not traditional scientists, but who would like to follow a course which emphasises the development of scientific literacy, enabling them to make sense of the science they come across in every day life.
Topics studied in 3rd Form are:
Module P1: The Earth in the Universe
• What do we know about the Earth and Space?
• How have the Earth’s continents moved, and with what consequences?
• What is known about stars and galaxies?
• How do scientists develop explanations of the Earth and Space?
Module P2: Radiation and Life
• What types of electromagnetic radiation are there? What happens when radiation hits an object?
• Which types of electromagnetic radiation harm living tissue and why?
• How does electromagnetic radiation make life on Earth possible?
• What is the evidence for global warming? Why might it be occurring, and how serious a threat is it?
• What ideas about risk do citizens and scientists use?